You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

az0077t

Starting Member

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 8:33am

Toro's "pin-type" hydraulic Sprinkler System

Does anyone know where I might find a state of the art electric controller to control miniature valves? I have a Moist O Matic made by Torro. Somewhere I read that you can get a new sprinkler controller to control the small hydraulic tubes that will in turn control the hydraulic valves in my sprinkler system.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 9:55am

No, you can't get a new controller for hydraulic valves. Toro sells hydraulic actuators that will accept input from a standard electric controller, and operate the "pin-type" hydraulic valves. One such conversion installation

-

For the hydraulic systems I encounter, the best procedure was to replace both controller and valves with standard equipment, often antisyphon valves, for manifolds near the house. This was because the older systems with hydraulic valves were lacking proper backflow protection.