You are not logged in.

garcjp

Unregistered

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 6:50pm

not sure why its not working

I have a hunter src plus controller and it will not irrigate. The controller is going through the motions in manual and auto, but it won't sprinkle. I've checked the main, water valve is open. Changed the power outlet were it was conncted. Reset controller and changed out the back up battery. Im running out of options before I call someone out. Does anyone have any ideas?

pass1

Sunday, April 18th 2010, 7:06pm

If it has rained recently, it may just be your rain sensor. It could have you shut down until it dries out. Or possibly rodents have gotten to the wires and chewed on them.

mrfixit

Monday, April 19th 2010, 1:20am

I have a couple of suggestions on top of pass's good ideas.

Confirm the outlet has power. Plug a drill or something into it.

Touch the transformer. It should be warm. If it's cold it's bad. Possibly the display on the controller is running off the backup battery.

Go out to the valves. Confirm there's water there by operating the valve manually.

If there's no water I suspect a master valve or there's another shut off valve.

If there is water confirm there's power at the valves. If not one or more of your wires is bad. Probably the ground wire.

Has anyone done any digging recently? The wires might be cut. Make sure all the wires are attached to the controller and at the valves. Especially the ground wire.

There's more but that's a good start.

Good luck!

Rate this thread