You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MNRXGuy

Starting Member

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 8:29pm

irrigation system opinions?

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and would greatly appreciate some feedback on a irrigation system I got a quote for. I recently built a new home and want to get an irrigation system installed. I've never had one before so I don't have any past experience with the many brands out there, although I have heard that I should stick to Rainbird and/or Hunter.

Rotors: Rainbird 5000 Series stainless steel rotors

Multistream Rotary Sprinklers: Hunter MP Rotators

Fixed spray heads: Hunter Pro Sprays

Valves: Hunter PGV

Controller: Weathermatic Smartline weatherstation and smart controller

Any opinions? Thanks!

pass1

Thursday, April 22nd 2010, 9:08pm

From my experience:
5000 series rotor is pretty good and reliable. Don't know that you need stainless steel though.If you're in sandy conditions it might be good to have.
Have not used the Hunter multi stream, so I can't say
We have used Rainbird sprays for years and find them very very reliable. Long life
Not a fan of Hunter valves. Irritrol 2400 series has been a good valve that we have used.
Weathermatic controllers are generally very good controllers. I just do not find that particular controller very user friendly to alot of customers. If you want all the extra features that the weathermatic has then maybe it will suit you. For ease of use and reliability, one that I like is the Irritrol Total Control series.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 9:30am

I love the MP Rotators (if Hunter hasn't screwed them up). These were origninally created by a company with a name along the lines of "Walla-Walla Water" or something like that. They are sort of a cross between a rotator and a spray, as you place them in spray bodies, but act sort of like a rotator. I did my whole yard with the MP Rotators (they are really great if water pressure is marginal at your house for irrigation as they operate best at about only 30psi). I heard Rainbird tried to come out with something to compete with the MPRotator, but supposedly didn't go over very well, not compared to the reputation the MP Rotators developed. Hunter in recent years purchased the company that made the MP Rotator. Hopefully Hunter has allowed the product to continue to be made based on what earned it its reputation rather than trying to find ways to cheapen it to make killer bucks for a few years from a reputation... compared to spray heads, they are expensive... but since they act like roters, you don't need as many.

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 7:08am

Hunter Controller
Hunter Weather Sensor
Rainbird Spray Heads
Hunter PGP Ultra
Промывать Стратегически