You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bestrada

Starting Member

Monday, April 26th 2010, 8:01am

Irrigation station not working

I have a station that's not working. On the controller box, I see that it's on and the time is working correctly, but no water is coming out of the sprinkler heads.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 26th 2010, 10:11am

Try to operate the valve manually, without using the controller. Test the wiring to be certain nothing is faulty.

ralberts

Starting Member

Monday, April 26th 2010, 12:20pm

Ditch Water Filtration

I pump ditch water for irrigating my lawn and shrubs. I use a 3 Hp motor and 2" lines. I have to pump the water up a slope about 150 feet with a rise of about 25 feet. The water is very silty and muddy, what is the best way to filter this water to minimize dirt build up in my irrigation system. I'm considering 2 T-type filters in line, the first with a 100 mesh screen and the second with a 60 mesh. Any suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 26th 2010, 4:48pm

Solutions for dirty water depend on how large the system will be. There are dirty-water valves that allow for less filtration, and heads can be selected that can pass some of the particles. You could also employ a settling tank and a pump, if the water was too dirty for long run times through strainers

Rate this thread