You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

flukmanji

Starting Member

Friday, April 30th 2010, 1:36pm

SINGLE SPRINKLE HEAD IS LEAKING/WEEPING AFTER SYSTEM TURNS OFF

Hi, i just spring started my sprinkler system and noticed that one head on my 2nd zone keeps on leaking/weeping even after the system shuts off. i put new sprinkler head, i even changed diaphragm and solenoid of that zone valve and it still leaks. i don't know if i should change the head to Anti- Drain valve sprinkler head will it stop? But my concern is that it was never leaking before so if diaphragm and solenoid is not broken what else could be? and how do i bleed/flush valve? any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thank you. flukmanji :)

mrfixit

Friday, April 30th 2010, 2:35pm

If it's leaking 24 hours a day then it's the valve. Look for a hairline crack or pits in the seat. If there's debris in the line there could be debris stuck in the new diaphragm already.

Rate this thread