You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 30th 2010, 1:45pm

New sprinklers don't pop up

I was replacing some old toro 570s with new ones and the new ones won't pop up! Now what?

mrfixit

Friday, April 30th 2010, 2:36pm

Are you saying the old sprinklers popped up?

Friday, April 30th 2010, 7:03pm

Are you saying the old sprinklers popped up?
Yes, The old 570s did pop up.
I have replaced all of them one station and though they didn't come up all the way they did rise enough to do the job. I assumed they would wear in and eventually come up all the way after running awhile. I moved to the next station. I only replace a few of them so far. They are all very old. Some of them had leaking seals, some had cracked or poorly threaded risers but they did pop up. The new ones have much stiffer springs. I have fixed many leaks and I suppose I may have more to come. I didnt think the new ones were so stiff that they would not come up at all.

mrfixit

Friday, April 30th 2010, 9:07pm

Maybe use the old springs.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 8:29pm

Check for leaks and are you replacing them with the same gallon per minute nozzle or are you just guessing. If you are replacing apples to apples and are sure about it, you may need to look at the valve or backflow or meter open all the way.

Good Luck.

:thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Percy

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 7:08am

Check that the valves are open all the way. That is most often the cause. It could also be that something is between the riser and the cap causing friction and jamming it. Try turning them on, using your foot to push them down and then releasing them again quickly so that they pop back into position. If it works, problem solved although you might get a bit of a soaking. Other that, look for really obvious problems rather than anything complicated for exotic. Most irrigation equipment problems are simple rather than complex.

Rate this thread