You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Merv

Starting Member

Saturday, May 1st 2010, 3:44pm

Troubleshooting with no resolution

Helping a widow with a small problem with lawn irrigation, now becoming a big problem! Installed a few years ago by her deceased husband, is an Irritrol controller, and 6 valves, (all Rainbird). Valve 1 would not come on in the cycle. Other valves function OK. At controller, Valve #1 reads 4.6 volts when activated. My guess was the solenoid, replaced it. No change!! Read that interior of valve body may be worn, Replaced it! No Change! Ran the contoller thru full cycle of valves, only Valve #1 failed to open. Noticed that the Valve #1 at contoller has a yellow wire, but at valve- color is dull - brownish . Could this be a weathered "Yellow" or should I suspect a splice that is not holding, since it gets afternoon sun. ?(

What am I missing? Any suggestions would be most helpful :!:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 2nd 2010, 4:33pm

Test the resistance of the wiring

azonbuild@aol.com

Unregistered

Monday, May 31st 2010, 9:32pm

Zones are not shutting off

I have 24 seperate zones running off of two time clock controllers. Just recently, I have found that several of the zones are not shutting off. Even after shutting the controllers off and disconnecting the wiring they continue to run. The only way I am able to shut them down is by turing the backflow preventer off. How is this possible?

mrfixit

Monday, May 31st 2010, 9:47pm

Have you had any plumbing work done recently? Sometime plumbers will get debris in the mainline which can keep a valve or two from shutting off. One time I came across a manifold that was jammed fullll of pebbles.