You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sascol

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 8:27am

Rain Bird ESP8 - Goes on Randomly

I have my timer set to go on once a week (Saturday at 5am). I happened to be home last Friday and at about 11:30am I noticed the system came one. The timer and the clock were set appropriately. I asked one of my neighbors who happened to be home if she had noticed my system coming on during the week and she said it had noticed it a few times. Any idea why the system would just come on randomly? I checked all of my settings and I could not find anything that would lead to this. Thanks in advance.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sascol" (May 3rd 2010, 8:44am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 12:08pm

Reboot the controller and program it from scratch. User error is the overwhelming choice for watering cycles occurring at the wrong times.

Sascol

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 1:17pm

Reboot the controller and program it from scratch. User error is the overwhelming choice for watering cycles occurring at the wrong times.
Reboot as in unplug - clear it out and start over?

mrfixit

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 1:55pm

You probably have a second start time programmed.

To reset the controller unplug it and take out the back up battery. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Replace n reprogram.

Rate this thread