You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

justin48316

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 5th 2010, 1:09pm

Sprinkler pump system manual to auto

I am looking for advice on my sprinkler system. I want to convert it to an automatic setup (currently has manual valves). I just moved in and the system currrently has a 1-1/2 hp sprinkler well pump. It has 3-zones. The pipe coming out of the ground for the well is 1-1/2" ID and the three pipes coming out of the ground for the zones are 1-1/4" ID. I read I need a controller with a delay between zones and a pump start relay to control the pump turn on.

What size and type of valves do I need?

Can I make the manifold for the valves out of regular PVC? Also, do I need any other specialty valves to run the sprinkler pump?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 2:31pm

Delay between zones? Not really, unless you are describing a Florida set-up that uses an "indexing valve" and a special controller that powers the pump.

Rate this thread