You are not logged in.

JA

Unregistered

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 11:27am

Hunter SRC Plus: No AC

I have a Hunter SRC Plus 9 station controller. After 5+ years, display went out completely. I did not have a battery backup, so plugged in a battery and received message "No AC". I tried replacing the power transformer but could not find an exact match. I replaced transformer with a Rain Bird model that is slightly different (original Hunter transformer is larger and shows Output 26VAC 750mA; new Rainbird shows Output 25.5VAC 650mA). With new transformer, the display shows nothing without a battery. I tested the electrical outlet and it is fine. I have not been able to test the original transformer since it has 2 open wires at the end.

Any ideas or recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks

mrfixit

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 12:02pm

Try pressing the reset button. It's inside the bottom door. It's located at the top left behind that door.

JA

Unregistered

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 2:12pm

Hunter SRC Plus: No AC

Thanks but I forgot to mention that I already tried pressing reset, but it did not bring the controller display back to life. Any other thoughts? Should I try to find an exact match for the transformer?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 4:16pm

Did you remove the battery before you tried the reset button? These controllers will occasionally die, and nothing will bring them back to life. The transformer is not a factor, as long as it gives you the 24 volts AC (or a bit more) required.

JA

Unregistered

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 10:03pm

I did remove the battery before pressing reset. Can you tell me how to test the transformer to see if it is working, since it has two exposed wires at the end? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 10th 2010, 8:31am

You already tried a new transformer - pack it in on the old controller.

LukeHughes

Unregistered

Monday, May 2nd 2011, 5:44pm

transformer

I have the Hunter SRC Plus controller and it read "No AC", so I replaced the transformer. Now it is stuck on just "AC". Any idea as to what is wrong? I've already tried the reset button, before I replaced the battery and after. The controller is 10 years old. Do I need to replace it?

Any help is appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 6:55am

Probably better to replace it, since the SRC will be disappearing from the marketplace.

Rate this thread