You are not logged in.

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 10:34am

Help with rain bird valve Identification

Hello,

Recently took over maintenance on a few apartment complex units. I have about 30 of these 2" valves but most of them have bad solenoids.

They are a 2" Globe style. I know they are discontinued from Rain bird, but is there any cross reference for the solenoids on these things?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 1:57pm

Rainbird used to buy valves from Hydro-Rain, and those valves would use a 'standard' 3/4-20 solenoid, which means you can probably use an Irritrol solenoid for a replacement.

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 2:15pm

Thanks

I'll pull one out tonight and see if I can get some measurements on the thread size. I appreciate your response Wet Boots.

Friday, May 28th 2010, 1:41pm

1" Threads

Well I tried the standard 811 3/4" replacement and it is a no go. I am attaching a photo of the solenoid that I need. I remember seeing an adapter kit to go from the 1" threads to 3/4, but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can find it?

mrfixit

Friday, May 28th 2010, 8:44pm

Go to Hydroscape, Ewing or John Deere. They can fix you up. Possibly you can just replace the solenoid instead of using an adapter. I don't know it this is what you need or not.

www.rainbird.com/documents/parts/part_Solenoids.pdf

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 9:23am

Rainbird's own valves used a 1-inch solenoid (32 threads per inch) ~ there used to be a Universal solenoid kit that would replace most any of the 3/4 or 1-inch solenoids

Friday, June 4th 2010, 12:35am

Found It, and actually found a local retailer that had them in stock

Well I found what I needed. I couldn't believe there was a retailer for these things. I am happy as a lark!!!

Click here to see

Rate this thread