You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 10:34am

Help with rain bird valve Identification

Hello,

Recently took over maintenance on a few apartment complex units. I have about 30 of these 2" valves but most of them have bad solenoids.

They are a 2" Globe style. I know they are discontinued from Rain bird, but is there any cross reference for the solenoids on these things?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 1:57pm

Rainbird used to buy valves from Hydro-Rain, and those valves would use a 'standard' 3/4-20 solenoid, which means you can probably use an Irritrol solenoid for a replacement.

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 2:15pm

Thanks

I'll pull one out tonight and see if I can get some measurements on the thread size. I appreciate your response Wet Boots.

Friday, May 28th 2010, 1:41pm

1" Threads

Well I tried the standard 811 3/4" replacement and it is a no go. I am attaching a photo of the solenoid that I need. I remember seeing an adapter kit to go from the 1" threads to 3/4, but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I can find it?

mrfixit

Friday, May 28th 2010, 8:44pm

Go to Hydroscape, Ewing or John Deere. They can fix you up. Possibly you can just replace the solenoid instead of using an adapter. I don't know it this is what you need or not.

www.rainbird.com/documents/parts/part_Solenoids.pdf

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 9:23am

Rainbird's own valves used a 1-inch solenoid (32 threads per inch) ~ there used to be a Universal solenoid kit that would replace most any of the 3/4 or 1-inch solenoids

Friday, June 4th 2010, 12:35am

Found It, and actually found a local retailer that had them in stock

Well I found what I needed. I couldn't believe there was a retailer for these things. I am happy as a lark!!!

Click here to see

Rate this thread