You are not logged in.

marilou

Starting Member

Friday, May 14th 2010, 7:15pm

Dog chewed wiring

My dog got into the wiring box in the ground and chewed off most of the wires. The control in my garage says it's a hardie 6100. In the box my dog got into, I see one white thick wire with different colored wires in it...then i see 4 valves, at least that's what i think they are called (sorry not to familiar with sprinklers and the terminology that goes with it) and lastly there is a knob. i've turned it just to see what happened but nothing.

At this point i just want to be able to manually turn on the sprinklers, but im not sure if that is possible because the wiring is cut. If possible can someone please tell me how to do this? if not, how can i go about fixing the wires? Would i reconnect each valve (which has two wires each) with the main white wire (has multiple wires in it, im assuming each wire is for a different timer) ?

Please help!

mrfixit

Friday, May 14th 2010, 8:40pm

I'm going under the assumption the big white wire is the ground wire. Each valve has two wires sticking out of the solenoid. You might have to replace a couple solenoids if the wires are too short. That big white wire connects to every valve. One wire from each valve. Then the other wire on each valve has it's own seperate color. Look at the controller to see what colors are hooked up. So basically to run 4 valves you need 5 wires. One ground wire "big white one" and four colored wires. I have no idea what the knob thing is you're talking about without a picture.

Good luck!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 9:53am

Zone valves can be manually opened and closed without a controller.