You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Moose

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 12:53pm

No stations work using controller...time to replace???

We have nine valves/stations on a 12 station outdoor raindial controller. There is power to it, but the clock has not kept good time for a long time now, and it fades in and out, and when trying to enter new data, it jumps all over the place (time,minutes, etc). PROBLEM, all nine stations will not come on using the controller. When we go station to station on the controller, every line either clicks, thumps, clicks with delay, and one line is even totally dead. We have rechecked/redid all the wiring, changed out some of the diaphrams and checked the solenoids. When we use the bleeder to water, they all come on fine. But when we try to water from the controller, it won't work. When we bought this house over 10 years ago, the controller was all ready here and worked fine.....

Does this sound like the controller needs to be replaced?

Please....I would really appreciate any ideas and help on this issue :) I

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moose" (May 15th 2010, 4:48pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 9:09pm

If you are satisfied that the wiring and valves are in good order, what's left but the controller/

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:01pm

with the on screen problems, the timer seems to be on the way out. Did you check out the fuses inside the timer? A blown fuse will prevent the system from running.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:31pm

I don't think the RainDial has a fuse you can replace.

There is a wiring harness that can come loose. Look behind the faceplate. Same place where the back up battery is.

If you're still having problems I'd dump the controller. I've had to replace 3 RainDials the past 6 months. All over ten years old.

I recommend you replace it with the Hunter Pro-C.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Pro-C-Series-3-Station-Outdoor-Controlle-p/PC-300.htm

Moose

Monday, May 17th 2010, 10:08am

Thank you all very much for the info....we thought the same thing, but wanted add'l input.....:)

Rate this thread