You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MMERSCH

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 8:51am

Need help on pipe size

I need help. My father in law is putting in a sprinkler. He has
a 5/8 meter, 3/4 inch line coming into his house. He has max
8 gallons per minute with 45-50 pounds of pressure. Can he run a 1 inch main line and 1 inch circuits? Also, can he tie in to the main line with 1 inch copper out to the main line? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mark
Mark

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 9:42am

The answers are yes to all questions. I bet the meter is restricting flow and I would check to see if the city will upgrade him to a 3/4 meter. As a general rule of thumb you should go up one size from the house mainline therefore the 1" sprinkler main is called for.

Thanks,

Pete
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 3:52pm

Yes the 5/8 meter restricts, and if you can upgrade then thats great! i have 19.5 gpm with a 5/8 meter and thgats off the hose bibb with 95 psi....so it depends.......definatly use 1" for the lines

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread