You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Eclectic

Unregistered

Monday, May 17th 2010, 2:27pm

Exterior shut off valve required?

Hello!

My system has a cracked outdoor shut off valve caused by a late winterization. I will be replacing the valve with either straight copper or another valve, however I would like to know if an additional exterior shut off valve is required?

When the system was installed a shut off valve was installed in doors just before the back flow preventer. Is there any reason another shut off valve was placed outside? Would it be feasible to just replace the valve with matching copper tubing?

Would love your thoughts on this, thanks! :rolleyes:

Note: Sorry for the duplicate post from the controller section, I believe it makes more sense to put the post here, please feel free to delete the duplicate

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 10:54am

What kind of indoor backflow preventer is there? Such things are suspicious these days. What do you have against having an outdoor shutoff for the entire system?

Eclectic

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 11:07am

Makes sense to have one, especially if something goes haywire when we're not home someone can shut off the water supply. Replaced it yesterday with a ball valve that has a bleed knob on it with success!

Rate this thread