You are not logged in.

FairMax

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 3:21pm

Orbit System! Please Help! LOL

I moved into my house and the sprinkler system never worked. The thing is, the previous owner personally showed me the sprinkler system, and IT WORKED. This was just 1 week before i moved in. After I moved in, CANNOT get it working!

I replaced the Orbit controller with a new one. I bought 3 new Solenoids and connected them. Got new Wire Caps. The wires from the controller to the valves look a bit old, but should still work, don't look fried or anything like that.

I am at odds on what to do next. I am so confused. The water valve is right there by the controller and the valves, and it's opened.

I turn on the controller on Manual, and the controller goes through all the motions, tells me that the zones are being irrigated, the minutes count down, etc... When I change zones (or values) I hear the Solenoid "click" (which I guess it's good). One of the Solenoids makes a buzzing noise when clicked, but if I gently tap on it the buzzing goes away. Still, doesn't irrigate.

Anyone? Pleeeeeeasssee...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 3:53pm

Turn on the water. Prove that it is on by manually opening a zone valve. (not using the controller)

FairMax

Sunday, May 23rd 2010, 3:58pm

How do i manually operate it??

I think the water IS on.

Sorry, this is my first time dealing with this =)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 24th 2010, 5:41am

Find a zone valve and manually open it, then you will know.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, May 24th 2010, 10:24am

You usually turn a zone valve on/off manually by turning the solenoid about 1/4 to so.

But I would tend to agree with Wet_Boots, sounds like the water is not on.
If your irrigation is on city water or well water connected to your home, there is usually a seperate valve to allow you to turn water off to the entire irrigation system seperate from the house system. If you get water from a lake, or from a well (while the home is on city water) there is likely a water pump that must be turned on (i.e. valves to water pump open, and a special terminal from the controler connected to a relay that turns the pump on and off).