You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ufalco

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:58am

lawn water

i have an 20'x30' area of lawn.i installed the hunter srs 4" pop up head.i put 4 15' hunter spray in each corner 2 15' in the middle of the 30' spen and 2 10' in the middle of the 20' spen.how much water do i need how many days how often.i live in the ny area.my psi is 40-55 at 8 gpm.where can i by hunter supply online?. thanks

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 8:21am

One inch of water per week including rainfall is adequate. To determine how long you need to water for take 3 pie pans place them in your yard. If your system is all one zone then turn on your sprinklers for ten min. then collect the pie pans and dump al of the water into one. With a tape measure measure the depth and divide by 3. If your answer is one inch then you need to water once a week for ten minutes. if you answer is 1/4 inch then you can water once a week for 40 min or 4 times a week for 10 min. I hope that this is clear to you. Also remember that it is better to water less often for longer period of time than watering frequently for a short duration. This promotes deeper rot growth.

Thanks,

Pete
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 10:47am

Like Pete said, one inch per week is enough, typically i run sprays on my systems every other day for 20-25 minutes per spray zone, which is enough! You can buy hunter right here at sprinkler warehouse's online store!

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 10:49am

Like Pete said, one inch per week is enough, typically i run sprays on my systems every other day for 20-25 minutes per spray zone, which is enough! You can buy hunter right here at sprinkler warehouse's online store!

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread