You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RhodyTom

Starting Member

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 10:16am

Hunter HPV valve sprays water along the seam in the housing

I have a 10 year old system in which the Hunter HPV valve sprays water along the seam in the housing. Does this mean the diaphram needs replacing or is the whole head shot or is there something else? It all looks pretty simple, but my son and I removed the head, cleaned the parts and placed it back on fairly tight and it still sprays out a fine stream in a few spots.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 30th 2010, 11:20am

If you mean it's leaking around the diaphragm, you might have to replace said diaphragm. In any event, buy a new valve of the same make and model of the old one, so you have a replacement and/or spare parts.

mrfixit

Monday, May 31st 2010, 3:17am

Hunter had a problem with the bonnet cracking on this valve. I don't know it that's the "seam" you're talking about. They've since redesigned it. They still crack but not as often.