You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

apetree4

Starting Member

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 9:40pm

To much water pressure and the zones will not switch on...

Just turned on the IGS and the water pressure is unusally strong. Three zones came on at the same time with plenty of water pressure. I had to manually shut off the zones at the celunoid and turn on the last zone which also had strong pressure. Is there something that controls the water pressure? I even closed the main shutoff valve half way off and there was still too much pressure. I am figuring that this may be the cause of the zones staying on at the same time too... Help!!! 8|

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 8:23am

Assuming you're on city water, get a water pressure guage and measure your water pressure from one of your hose spickots... make sure it is a spickot that taps into your water line BEFORE any pressure regulator. If the pressure is 80psi or more, you're irrigation system needs a pressure regulator as well.

The other thing to look into is to see if your valves have flow control... if so you can throttle back the pressure/flow on a per zone basis by adjusting the flow control knob.

Rate this thread