You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dino

Starting Member

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 7:06am

valve leak

I recently turned on the main water supply for my underground sprinklers and soon noticed a leak from the box that houses all the valves (this is the green box that is submerged underground). Someone told me that its an easy fix - I just need to fully close a valve or something. I've tried but can seem to figure it out. I really have little knowledge of this except to turn the system on and off each year

DESERTGUY

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 2:14pm

Leak

It is simply... You need to look for a mainline shut off near or around you main line going into your house. there should be some kind of backflow installed, at the backflow there should be a manual shut off handle. If there is no backflow then look for a quarter turn ball valve or gate valve on the mainline going into the house. If you still cant locate a shut off then go to the street and shut it off at the city main/meter for your house. Once the water is off dig up the valve box, determine the valve manufacture and model then call you "Horizon distriubutors" to locate the parts need to correct the problem. You can also go to Horizononline.com to locate locations closest to you, or call 520.876.5697 I can help. Thank and have a great day