You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Joey

Thursday, June 10th 2010, 8:32pm

Construction Damage - Trying to Get Remaining Zones Working

Recently had construction done at my house. Zones located in the backyard were cut and removed. I have found cut pipes and repaired to try and get frontyard zones working again. Backyard zone wires are cut and do not terminate to anything. When I turn on water, it flows to a single zone in the front, which seems to be working fine. I have tried to cycle the zones using the controller, but no other zones will work. Just the single zone. I assume that the "last" valve is open and that is why only one zone is working. Do I need to somehow terminate the wiring for the "old" zones that were cut/removed by the construction? Controller looks okay. No faults or errors are shown. It just won't cycle through the zones that are remaining after the construction. Any Ideas what to do or to check?

Thanks for any advice that you might provide ...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 11th 2010, 7:57am

You need to locate the valves, and all the loose ends of the damaged system.

Joey

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 4:00pm

Thanks for your response. The valves from the damaged section are gone. They were dug up during the construction. I have rerouted the water back to the remaining areas. When I turn the water back on, one zone begins to work. I then try to get the controller to cycle through the remaining zones, but nothing happens. The one zone just keeps spraying until I turn the water back off. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot or get the remaining zones functional?

Thanks for any help!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 6:26am

Find and repair the stuck-open zone valve.

Rate this thread