You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 11th 2010, 1:38pm

Toro sprinkler head

I recently had 12 Toro TR 50 P sprinkler heads installed by a so called expert. After the installation of a 3 zone system 5, 4 & 4 heads the system starts out strong but slows down after 10 seconds. I was told it was the pump and then told it was the well. I called in an expert and was told that the guy installed the wrong heads and that they were for a golf course and the pump and well are fine. The pump pressure is 45 PSI. Do I need new sprinkler heads or is it possible to change the parts i received from sprinkler warehouse. Thanks, Marty

mrfixit

Friday, June 11th 2010, 7:42pm

I have a question. You said someone else installed the wrong heads then you said you recieved parts from Sprinklerwarehouse. Who picked out the heads. You or the expert?

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 9:19am

I ordered the heads and $500.00 worth of other items per the instruction of the expert. I hab no clue about the heads and trusted him. Marty

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 9:21am

had

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 6:29am

a Toro TR-50 head is just like any other modern rotor head - you need to install the proper nozzles in order for it to match up with the well water supply.

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 7:04am

sprinkler heads not rotating

I changed the nozzles and they were working fine with a smaller nozzle. Now 3 of the 13 sprinklers are running but not rotating. Thanks , Marty

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 14th 2010, 12:11pm

What's the pressure on the zones where the heads are not turning?

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 5:54am

sprinkler heads

pump pressure is at 42 PSI

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 5:59am

sprinkler heads

There is one head that is staying up after the zone has ended the cycle and keeps spraying water the other three are shutting off. Thanks , Marty

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 5:25pm

You could stand to have more pressure, since 42 psi at the pump will mean maybe 10 psi less at the heads. You might try smaller nozzles and see what that does for the pressure.

Rate this thread