You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 7:44am

Rain Bird RC-1260 - Not Advancing to Next Zone - Has to be manually moved from one zone to the next

My Rain Bird RC-1260 all of a sudden stopped advancing through each zone. I turned it on last night, went outside this morning and the first zone had been going all night. When I manually advance it the zone will get watered but it just stays in that zone until I manually advance to the next.

What part would I need to fix it and where would I buy it from?

Thank you.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 6:37am

Does the controller still keep the correct time of day?

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 10:01am

It does not keep the correct time of day - it stopped at the time it was set to water - 10:30 p.m.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 14th 2010, 12:09pm

an RC controller that won't keep the time of day needs a new motor

TAB

Unregistered

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 11:31am

Timing motor for Rainbird RC1260i

Anybody know where I can a timing motor for an RC1260i

mrfixit

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 2:05pm

An irrigation supply house such as, Hydroscape, Ewing or John Deere Irrigation should have one. Or they'll ship one in from another store.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 2:09pm

One of those would cost you over a hundred dollars, if you could find one. Rainbird doesn't even include those controllers in their parts breakouts any more.

mrfixit

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 3:10pm

Why did you tell the guy he needs a new motor if they're not available.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 31st 2012, 4:43pm

The guy says he needs a new motor, and you can still find it in a current price list, so maybe he lucks out, but for a hundred and change, it looks like a new controller is the way to go.