You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kevdel

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 4:04pm

Multiple zones on simultaneously

I am new here so I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I'm curious if anyone knows what I should try to fix the following problem: I have a 4 year old system with 10 zones. Starting a few weeks ago 2 zones go on simutaneously when operated by the controller. When I turn the valves on manually at the valve box they work perfectly. The 2 valves in question are located in different valve boxes but when I inspect the wiring on each everything looks fine. Any ideas what may be the problem? Thanks.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 13th 2010, 8:04pm

It's most likely a wiring problem. Try disconnecting one of the problem numbered wires from the controller and see if two valves still come on. If so it's the wiring. Did you do any digging recently? Staple the wire anywhere?

--

I have a question. Is it always the same two valves?

kevdel

Monday, June 14th 2010, 6:27am

Thanks for the tip, it proved helpful. Yes they are the same 2 zones always (7 and 10). When I disconnect 7 they both go on when 10 is on and when I disconnect 10, they both go on when 7 is on. I haven't done any digging recently, but I did notice some chipmonk holes (I hate those darn things) very near one of the valve boxes. Have you ever heard of them chewing the wiring?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 14th 2010, 12:12pm

chipmunks love to chew wiring

Rate this thread