You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DGC

Monday, June 14th 2010, 7:43pm

Hunter Valve leak, difficulty adjusting rotor and spray heads.........

I just installed a new hunter sprinkler system and one of the valves is leaking where it screws onto the manifold. I understand that you do not want to overtighten this but it leaks no matter what I do with it. Also, I am having a difficult time adjusting my rotor and spray heads. Some of the rotors are just spraying too far, I was hoping I could adjust them down to the 15ft. I have the 2.0 flow rate nozzles in, would the 1.5 cut the distance down? In a few words, can you explain how to adjust the spray heads? I understand the easy arc adjustment but I am not getting the radius adjustment to work. Pls advise

Thanks,

DGC

mrfixit

Monday, June 14th 2010, 11:00pm

Yes using a smaller nozzle will affect the distance. www.hunterindustries.com/Resources/PDFs/Instructions/Domestic/lit379w.pdf

Did you use male adapters on this job where the leak is? I had a problem with Spears male adapters.

I had to make three free service calls recently from their latest design leaking. I talked to a Spears representative about the problem. I'm not the only one to complain to them. He gave me the old part numbers and I bought 6 boxes.

DGC

Monday, June 14th 2010, 11:15pm

Thanks, I will replace the nozzles. On the valve, I added some Rectorseal, tightened it a bit more and the leak stopped. I also found that I was adjusting the wrong area for the arc and, once I figured this out, the length of spray is much better. I still need to work on the spray arc on the spray heads!

jas0420

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 11:12am

Me toooooo.....

I just bought and installed a Hunter ICV-101G valve to replace a cracked Toro valve in my system. I put several wraps of teflon on the thread, wrangled the valve into place, let the glue on the rest of the repair cure for a couple of hours, pressure tested, and was surprised to find drips on BOTH ends of the valve. @#%!@!!! I had to cut it out and redo the connections. The second time around, I used Rectorseal as well, and it worked like a champ. I've never had issues with threaded connections before, but lesson learned.

Rate this thread