You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

slacsteve

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 12:40am

System pulses on all circuits

What would cause my system to pulsate while sprinklering? ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 4:09am

Undersized supply plumbing in comparison to the flow in the zones

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 8:27pm

Also it could be that your solenoid is failing and you need to change the valve.

I just saw this on an old valve that has been in since 1985. I expect there to be more out there.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 8:29pm

After noticing that it is happening on all of your zones. Solenoid may be failing on your master valve if you have one.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

roaddawwg

Starting Member

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 5:27pm

pulsating system

a friend of mine had a leaky backflow device so i replaced the valve undder the bell housing. it seemed fine,we adjusted all the heads andwent home. the next day it started pulsating getting louder as the zones advanced and it squirts out the top of the backflow device each time it pulsates. so we replaced the whole backflow device and it still does it. was this simaler to your experience? we are stumped.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 7:35am

try reducing the flow in one of the zones, and see what happens