You are not logged in.

averageJoe

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 10:25am

Sprinkler heads come up for a couple of seconds and then go down

I have a Hunter Pro-C controller and Rainbird sprinkler heads on my 6 zone sprinkler system. The system had been running without any issues for the last 6 years but recently Zone 1 started acting up. On the faulty zone the sprinkler heads come for a couple of seconds, spray water and go down. The controller shows that zone 1 is still running and it counts down for the specified amount of time and moves on to the next zone. The other 5 zones work without any issues.

Can someone please guide me in resolving this issue.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 1:05pm

While unlikely, you can easily test to see if this is a mechanical problem (something wrong with the pipes) or an electrical/controller problem by swapping the wires between Zone 1 and Zone 2. Does the problem follow the wiring, or the Zone. If it stays with Zone 1, then you know it's a problem with the controller.

But since the zone starts up, my 1st guess is that it's going to be something of a mechanical problem, like a busted pipe or busted spray head somewhere. To determine if it's a busted pipe, make sure everything else in the house is turned off (no showers, dish washer, etc) and check the water meter while the controller shows Zone 1 running. If the meter is turning, and nothing is getting irrigated, you obviously have a broken pipe. You might have to let Zone 1 run for an extended period and then look for the soggy spot in the yard.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 6:19pm

Reply from http://irrigation.webatu.com

Solinoid could be going bad, Ive seen Hunters do this a few times.

Rate this thread