You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

averageJoe

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 10:25am

Sprinkler heads come up for a couple of seconds and then go down

I have a Hunter Pro-C controller and Rainbird sprinkler heads on my 6 zone sprinkler system. The system had been running without any issues for the last 6 years but recently Zone 1 started acting up. On the faulty zone the sprinkler heads come for a couple of seconds, spray water and go down. The controller shows that zone 1 is still running and it counts down for the specified amount of time and moves on to the next zone. The other 5 zones work without any issues.

Can someone please guide me in resolving this issue.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 15th 2010, 1:05pm

While unlikely, you can easily test to see if this is a mechanical problem (something wrong with the pipes) or an electrical/controller problem by swapping the wires between Zone 1 and Zone 2. Does the problem follow the wiring, or the Zone. If it stays with Zone 1, then you know it's a problem with the controller.

But since the zone starts up, my 1st guess is that it's going to be something of a mechanical problem, like a busted pipe or busted spray head somewhere. To determine if it's a busted pipe, make sure everything else in the house is turned off (no showers, dish washer, etc) and check the water meter while the controller shows Zone 1 running. If the meter is turning, and nothing is getting irrigated, you obviously have a broken pipe. You might have to let Zone 1 run for an extended period and then look for the soggy spot in the yard.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 6:19pm

Reply from http://irrigation.webatu.com

Solinoid could be going bad, Ive seen Hunters do this a few times.

Rate this thread