You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Skeeter

Unregistered

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 7:12am

valve problem help

I recently installed a system and one zone intermittantly will turn on for just a second or so. I would not have even noticed, but the water pressure in the house drops when this happens. It is localized to one zone and it happens even when the system controller is off. I assume it may be the solonoid in the valve or something else in the valve. Please let me know if anyone has advice for me...

mrfixit

Saturday, June 19th 2010, 12:06pm

Make sure the solenoid is tight/snug. Make sure the part under the solenoid is tight/snug if there is one. You might have to take the solenoid off to tighten it more. Don't over do it.

Something's telling me you're on a well or pump and it has nothing to do with the valve. When the pump starts to fail that one valve comes on because there's not enough pressure to keep it closed. I'm honestly guessing because in 16 years I've only seen one house on a well here in So. Cal.