You are not logged in.

Monday, June 21st 2010, 9:15am

Toro GreenKeeper 212 Controller Problem

I have developed a recent problem with my 2 zone system. The timer/controller is a Toro GreenKeeper 212. At the conclusion of the 2nd zone cycle, the 1st zone comes back on. Would a reset (unplug and remove the battery backup) be a reasonable course of action?

mrfixit

Monday, June 21st 2010, 1:41pm

A reset might help but if the same person reprograms the controller you'll have the same problem.

Check the start times. You only need ONE "start" time. Then the valves will run in sequence and wont repeat.

Also check the programs A B C to see if they have extra start times. You only need one start time on program A.

You know what, maybe you should just reset it and start over.

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 8:30am

Thanks, mrfixit. After I posted my inquiry, I decided to try the technical assistance number to Toro. I was surprised to actually contact someone,who was helpful and courteous. (Kudos to Toro!)

The person who answered had me get in front of the timer/controller and she walked me through all the settings. Your analysis is spot on, as after this past winter, I found that I had to replace the backup battery (frequent power outages here with our less-than-adequate power provider). The programming had erased, so I reset everything. I made the error of programming separate start times for the two zones. Once I turned off the start time for what I thought was zone 2, the system now cycles and shuts off properly.

Rate this thread