You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bigmac2010

Starting Member

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 10:08am

Zone 3 stuck - Water All night long $$$$

Greetings from Colorado! last evening i turned the sprinkler system on (9:30pm) and it cycled properly through zones 1, 2 and 3....i woke up this morning (6am) and the zone 3 was still operating. I tried shutting off the controller which normally shuts down the system. It didn't. To turn the water offer i had to shut the main valves going to the system manifold.

As a novice I am not sure what to look for is it a solenoid problem? a controller problem?

Any advice where to start looking would be appreciated.

thanks in advance,

mrfixit

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 4:30am

The problem is most likely the valve. Try this. Disconnect the number 3 wire from the controller or unplug the controller. If the valve shuts off it's the controller. If not it's the valve. There are quite a few reasons why a valve might stick on. It's usually the diaphragm. Look for a hole in the diaphragm. Come back if that's not it. Knowing the model valve you have would help.

Rate this thread