You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tennnic

Unregistered

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 3:31am

Electrical Ghost

I have a random electrical problem that comes and goes with my entire system. The problem is that multiple solenoids will start clicking repetatively at the same time and it is not always the same ones when it happens. I have tried disconnecting the wires from some of the valves(I have 12 total), and I have replaced a few solenoids etc. The strange thing is that most of the time the system works just fine. I am starting to think that the controller might be going bad. I have a Rainbird 12 LX Plus controller.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

mrfixit

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 4:24am

I think you're right about the controller going bad. I've never seen mutiple solenoids clicking at the same time. Just one at a time. I've taken a solenoid and touched the wires directly to the controller and still had the clicking. When I replaced the controller the clicking was cured.