You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

loftbroker

Starting Member

Friday, June 25th 2010, 2:35pm

One Zone turns on ONE TIME only!

This happened last summer too. When I turn on my sprinkler system for the first time after Winter, (only two zones) Zone One turns on, works great. I turn it on manually from my timer. Afterwards, Zone one does not turn on. I hear a humming noise coming from somewhere in the basement, but cannot locate where. The noise is not coming from the timer box. Zone two turns on fine.

Any idea what would cause this? Thanks guys.

Ed

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 11:20am

It sounds like you may have a solenoid on the valve that is humming or buzzing.

You will probably need to find the valve and turn off the water supply and replace the solenoid. If you have an flow control on the valve it may be adjusted closed. If that is the case you could open the flow control. Most cheap valves don't have flow control. How do you know if the valve was cheap? You will just know!!!!!

Good Luck. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread