You are not logged in.

Gilly Orchard

Starting Member

Friday, June 25th 2010, 5:48pm

PVB back flow placement

I'm putting in a drip irrigation system for an orchard which will be situated on a slope of about 12 degrees. The 1" main line will go to a shut off valve, filter, check valve, fertilizer injector, pressure reduction valve, then the valve box(s).

My question is this: Since I have to have the PVB 12" higher than the highest drip line, can I install the PVB on the uphill side with the 1" line at 48" below ground pop it up out of the ground the 12" then take the line back down to the 48" and continue the line to the point that I pop it up and out for the shutoff........to the valves? ?(

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 11:24am

If i am reading it right yes.

You just have to ask your self is the device 12" above the highest drip emitter and line. If not Put in an RP.

Good Luck.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 6:12pm

Make it at least 18 inches higher at a minimum, and you gain some potentially valuable wiggle room, in the event that an inspector figures clearance from the bottom of the PVB

debo

Saturday, June 26th 2010, 7:53pm

Make it at least 18 inches higher at a minimum, and you gain some potentially valuable wiggle room, in the event that an inspector figures clearance from the bottom of the PVB
Depends on the location, state, since most states will NOT come out and inpsect this...The fear of a city inforcing rules....

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 27th 2010, 6:04am

There is some history of inspectors occasionally referring to the bottom of a PVB assembly, instead of the device outlet. My preference would be to add a foot of elevation to the PVB and remove all doubt.