You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jw452

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 29th 2010, 4:21pm

Hunter Pro-C Controller

I replaced the transformer for my 2006 Pro-C, (from a Hunter Dealer) and it lasted for three days until it quit. There is no power on the secondary. Is there something in the controller that could fail, causing feedback to blow the secondary? How do I check the 9-station module for continuity? Could there be an issue with a solenoid which is causing this problem?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bentmynose

Starting Member

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 7:17pm

having same problem

I've just experienced the same issue .. two non-functioning transformers in one week. My initial thought was that the replacement transformer was just faulty.. but, when I read your question, it occurred to me that maybe it's something downstream that's causing these secondaries to fail.

mrfixit

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 11:13pm

I don't know what the hell a secondary is but just last week I blew two transformers on a water master controller which was fairly new. I wound up installing a new timer for him. It's only been a week or so but so far so good. I could smell something burning inside the controller. So to answer your question, I'd say yes the controller can burn out a transformer.

I suggested that maybe he'd had a power surge and he went on to tell me that a few neighbors lost an appliance or two in a recent blackout.

Rate this thread