You are not logged in.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 1:01pm

No problem installing an RPZ indoors, that is, if it is installed in a room with a floor drain capable of handling the entire flow of the sprinkler system. Lacking that, they go outdoors.

secutanudu

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 1:52pm

No problem installing an RPZ indoors, that is, if it is installed in a room with a floor drain capable of handling the entire flow of the sprinkler system. Lacking that, they go outdoors.
Then outdoors it is. Thanks.

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 11:16pm

What make/model RPZ would you guys recommend?

Thoughts on Lead Free?

Thanks.

I've been looking at the WIlkins 375. It has Blow Out and Flush (BOF) module that you can get if you're in a cold weather climate. At the end of the season when you blow out your system, you just have to undo two screws and remove the entire check valve chamber. You then insert the BOF. The BOF has two FIP ports that you can insert adapters for whatever type of air fitting you need for blow out. You keep the BOF in over the winter, and In the spring you just use the BOF to flush your RP and sprinkler system before you turn it on. When your backflow assembly tester comes, you can reinsert the check valve chamber and have it tested.

A lot of my client remore their entire unit every winter to protect it from freezing. This should put and end to that.

www.zurn.com/operations/wilkins/pdfs/CutSheets/WK-375-CS%200410.pdf

I ordered one and got the call today that it's in.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fireguy97" (Jul 8th 2010, 11:24pm)

secutanudu

Sunday, July 11th 2010, 9:52am

Have you tried the wilkins 375 yet? It seems interesting...I like that you can remove the guts for the winter.

If so...thoughts?

Fireguy97

Advanced Member

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 12:24am

Have you tried the wilkins 375 yet? It seems interesting...I like that you can remove the guts for the winter.

If so...thoughts?

Just installed it today.

Looks good to me. Easy removal and re-installation of the BOF and the check chamber. If anything has to be repaired in the check valves, you can replace the rubber only, you can replace check valve 1 and/or check valve two. Both of those options are the same as with any other RP, but with this on you also have a third option. You can also replace the entire chamber. For you that might be a little on the expensive side, to do that. But for me as when I test and repair, I can replace the chamber and repair it later in the shop and keep the newly repaired unit for the next RP repair.

I'll be getting more of these and the double check version, the 350.

Mick
Irrigation Contractor

Certified Backflow Assembly Tester