You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Joesue7

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 7:34am

Red Nozzle - different designs

Folks, I am new to the forum. I have been fortunate to have a very well designed and professionally installed sprinkler system that has worked great for 15+ years. I have the sytem winterized by the same company every year. I have been doing the broken head/sunken head replacement myself of the the past 10 years. I have 4 rotors/zone with a #6 (2 holes in the face of the nozzle) with a 2.7 GPM flow at 50psi. I just noticed that some red #6 nozzles only have one hole and a different flow rates. Where can I get the 2 hole nozzles. My perception is that they perform better. Thanks for listening to my question. I have been using the Big Box retailer to buy the heads. (my bad). Joe

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 7th 2010, 9:51am

You can't get the old-style nozzles anymore. The molds they were made in no longer exist. Re-use the originals. It isn't so much the flows not being matched, so much as the one-hole designs were less prone to clogging, along with adding a bit more close-in coverage (this change coincides with Rainbird introducing their Rain Curtain nozzles) ~ Oddly enough, there is a way to obtain more of these nozzles, if you must, and that is by buying a Signature rotor, that is the Nelson version of the PGP. The Nelson nozzles copied the original red PGP nozzles.

Joesue7

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 6:42am

Thanks. I thought I was going crazy.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 8th 2010, 1:06pm

You won't be the last person to notice the difference. The old styles will spray further on various sizes, at certain pressures, and that can make replacement a problem.

Rate this thread