You are not logged in.

Matt Stone

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 11:44am

Question on sprinklers...

Hello,

I am a new homeowner that recently had new sod layed down for my front yard. I have been manually turning on the sprinklers from the solenoid everytime I need to water and that was getting tedious. I bought a Toro Lawnmaster II 6-zone auto timer yesterday and hooked all the wires up, set all the times and zones I wanted, and turned it on. When it got to the time for the sprinklers to go on, they didn't pop up. The main pipes did sound like they were running, and looking at the sprinkler heads, they were bubbling a little bit of water, but not actually spraying like they should. Is there a step that I may have missed as to why they arent popping up? They do fine when I turn the solenoid. Thanks!

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 1:40pm

The diaphragm's probably bad.

Matt Stone

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 1:44pm

That really doesn't help....I am new to the sprinkler world....what does that mean?

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 2:44pm

I find that usually when a valve operates using the bleeder screw but doesn't with the controller and the valve sounds like there's water running through it the problem is the diaphragm inside the valve. Not always but usually. I can only give you as much help as you give me information. What's the make and model valve?

Rate this thread