You are not logged in.

rvman

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 1:18pm

2400 valve problem

I have a 5 zone system with the irritol 2400T valves. One of the zones will not come on. I checked for voltage to the valve and it was fine so I replaced the diaphram & the solenoid but that didn't help. If I open the bleeder valve the zone comes on. I took the valve back apart and inspected each component and there doesn't seem to be any noticable faults. Any thoughts?

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 13th 2010, 1:37pm

Look for a clogged port. You might want to swap out the whole bonnet. That should do it. Just buy a new valve and use all the parts from it including the diaphragm. Check and see if the solenoid is actually opening when power is applied.

rvman

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 10:25am

2400 valve problem

What is the best way to check to see if the solenoid is opening?

mrfixit

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 5:22pm

Unscrew it. Look and see if there's debris or rust keeping it from opening. You may want to turn the water off since you're new at this.

Turn the power on and see if the plunger depresses. You may have to do this a few times to see if it sticks. The best way is to disconnect one of the wires at the solenoid. With the power on simply touch the wires together to activate the solenoid so you don't have to walk back and forth. Besides you need to see what's going on. You can't do that from the controller. It could be an intermittent problem so watch closely.

Look for a grain of sand or something clogging the port below the solenoid.

Rate this thread