You are not logged in.

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 8:45pm

Hunter SRC

Station 2 of 5 stations is not coming on, whenever the other station comes on I can hear it in the water line pressure, however when No 2 turns on there is no sound from the main line, non of the three heads pop up, any ideas on what I should do There is one guy in Northern Ohio who fixes Hunter it is like pulling tooth to get him to be punctual so I no longer call him

mrfixit

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 4:34am

Here's what I do. I start at the controller. Make sure the wire on number two isn't loose or broken off. Then make sure the number two terminal is putting out power when it's supposed to. I have tools for that but I'm going to assume you don't. Simply move the wires around. Move the number two wire to the number 1 terminal and see if the valve comes on and visa versa. Ok you've determined the controller is alright. Now go out to the valve and see if the valve is receiving power from the controller. Check for loose or broken wires. Again you can move the wires around and see what happens. If you have power the problem is the valve. No power the problem is the wiring.

Good luck!

P.S. you don't need a "Hunter" guy to fix the problem. Any irrigation guy can do it.

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 3:58pm

Hunter SRC

mrfixit
You are a genus, I noticed one of the wires on the valve is broken right where it is attached to the valve, the one attached to the common line, I suppose now I will have to replace the entire head, which is not so bad

Thanks, one problem solved, now all I have to do is learn how to replace the valve

mrfixit

Monday, July 19th 2010, 4:16am

You don't need a whole new valve. Just get a new solenoid if the wire's too short to repair. And yw.

Rate this thread