You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gaftech

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 10:27am

A HUGE Thank You

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but since my problems were with valves & solenoids, I decided to post here. I'd just like to thank the Sprinkler Warehouse for creating the Sprinkler School and to all those that helped me troubleshoot two different problems with my sprinkler system. One had to do with what I thought was a leaking valve, and the other dealt with an error message on my controller. I won't bore anyone with the details of either problem, but I will tell you this, had I listened to the advice given me about the "leaking valve", I wouldn't have replaced a perfectly good valve. That said, I gained some significant knowledge in how my particular sprinkler system works, along with the "how to" part...what took me four hours to do last time will probably take me less than half the time to do if it ever occurs again.

But...had I not replaced a perfectly good valve, I wouldn't have had a perfectly good solenoid on hand when my controller told me I had a ground fault in a particular zone. Once again I came here and did my due diligence, got the knowledge needed to troubleshoot the problem correctly, and once again saved some money by repairing the problem myself. If there is a next time with this problem, it won't take me near as long to fix it as it did this time.

So again, a HUGE Thank You to the Sprinkler Warehouse for posting the tutorials and videos. And a HUGE Thank You to the professionals and other homeowners that have gone before me and donate their time to answering questions from newbies like myself. I sincerely appreciate your time and effort. :thumbsup:

John Wolfe
Sherman, TX
My mind works like lightning...

one brilliant flash and it's gone.