You are not logged in.

Jimspy

Starting Member

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 2:30pm

Less than 1/2 inch, more than 1/4 inch?

My house in Payson, AZ, is known as the Nightmare on Alpine Heights, because everything seems non-standard. Our driveway lights are hard-wired 110 when everyone else seems to have 9-volt. My 2 110 phases terminate in the craziest places...and my drip system uses a poly tubing that is less than 1/2", but more than 1/4". Looks to be about .35 OD. Has anyone heard of this? The house was built in the early 90s. No one up here carries this tubing, and so its a mother to try to repair. I have several breaches and can't even find joiner tubes with this diameter. I did find 1 universal joiner, with a conical barb that will fit in many sizes, but can't find any more. Any help tracking down this tubing, or more joiners, appreciated. ?(

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 9:13pm

If possible, I'd try replacing ALL the drip tubing... at some point, it has to connect back to something that IS a standard size. Go back to that point and replace all the non-standard stuff from their.

pete0403

Thursday, September 16th 2010, 3:30am

Sorry, I know this thread is old but just for future readers who might be looking for an answer here...

I believe i might have the same tubing installed in the house I just bought as well. I found out it was 3/8" riser tubing I think also called "Swing pipe". A brass 1/2" barbed fitting fits this perfectly, maybe you can adapt it from there.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Friday, September 17th 2010, 12:06pm

Are you sure it isn't funny pipe?

Rate this thread