You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

desmo907

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 9:05pm

Combining 2 lines into 1 valve with a "T"?

The house I own has too few sprinklers on each zone and too many zones. We have great water pressure and I have tested several zones on at the same time. A landscape friend says I can easily combine some zones with a "T" fitting into 1 valve. I am about to replace the older valves as well since they are ~20 y/o and starting to die.

The lines come into the box direcly into the valve (barbed male end on valve) so I need to change direction of the lines first. Anyway the only way I can think of to combine 2 lines into 1 valve (1" pipe into a male barbed end valve) is to use an elbow for each of the 2 lines to change direction (90 deg) then use a small piece of hose (for each elbow) and then use that to connect to a "T". I can then run a small piece of hose off the single side of the "T" to connect to the barbed valve end.

Essentially I am creating a football goal post.....and I don't find any fitting like this anywhere so suspect I am stuck with this creation.

Thoughts?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 8:32am

You may not be thinking hard enough - consider combining an insert tee with a female-threaded side outlet and an insert elbow with male pipe threads on one end. Much more compact, and one less piece of tubing to clamp.

desmo907

Wednesday, July 28th 2010, 9:22am

That would work as well. I had not seen those pieces online when shopping.

The more I think about it, I may just stay with the 10 zones instead of trying to get it to 6 (and just replace all 10 valves). The extra cost of the 4 valves is only ~$30 when I consider all the extra parts I need for my original solution. And then all the time and frustration to make all the connections :)

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Friday, September 3rd 2010, 11:17am

Replace the valves and then wire two valves together at the controller. You'll get your new valves and save on the watering duration. It can complicate trouble shooting doing it this way, but wiring it at the controller should save on anyone's confusion.

Rate this thread