You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

hankgood

Starting Member

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 11:33am

Need to replace Toro EL-12+

My in-law's old mechanical Toro EL-12+ (only six stations used) has died. The timer no longer works but will cycle through all stations in manual mode with no problems. I would like to replace the controller with a new digital model and I have a few questions. I have no experience with sprinklers systems but i'm generally handy with things electrical.

The Toro is mounted on an outside wall with 110v power adjacent to it - I'm not sure if the Toro box is wired directly or stepped down before it enters. Are there current waterproof models that used hardwired 110V service?

Are all controllers interchangeable (do they supply similar voltage to the valves)? I have no idea where the valve are located or what brand they might be.

Any insight/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 12:16pm

All outdoor controllers are made with the intention that they are to be hard-wired ~ any choice will work to replace the EL-12

Rate this thread