You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 8:38am

Puddling around PGP head while running

I have a PGP head in the corner of my yard that leaks water profusely while it is running. During the first few minutes of its operation it spits air and makes a hissing noise (air escaping) The surrounding lawn and sidewalk behind the head on the other side of the fence is soaked. The leakage stops once the zone shuts off and the head retracts. I can't replace the head because I would have to take down the fence to be able to dig it out. Does this sound like the riser seal is worn? I know the leakage does not come from the PVC line below because it is about a 8 inches underground. What do you think?
Промывать Стратегически

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 9:31am

No one ever has to take out a fence to repair a sprinkler system. If you can't handle this, bring in a pro.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 5:52pm

Make sure it's not the head itself. I've run into a lot of Hunter PGP's that leak around the collar. Dig up the head and verify where the leak is coming from.

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 6:52pm

Make sure it's not the head itself. I've run into a lot of Hunter PGP's that leak around the collar. Dig up the head and verify where the leak is coming from.
The leakage is coming from right underneath the cap.
Промывать Стратегически

Rate this thread