You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bjelland

Starting Member

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 4:09pm

Problems with filters for well

I have been looking at past posts and couldnt find anything quite like my problem. I have a well that i only plan to use for watering. I dont have a pressure tank and i turn on the well by flipping a breaker by the well. I have 3 hydrants in my yard. my problem is that my well pumps a lot of sand. i bought a cheap filtering system to put off the end of the hydrant, which i could then hook up a hose to. The 80 mesh screen that i have doesnt stop hardly any of the sand coming through, so i was wondering a few things. First, where can i buy a better system for this. Second, how fine of a screen should i go. Thanks for the help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 4:20pm

What's wrong with 80-mesh sand? You can buy a so-called Sand Separator strainer, that will collect a fair amount of sand before you have to drain the collection portion of the assembly. They come in various mesh sizes, including 80 mesh.

Bjelland

Starting Member

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 4:42pm

i need a screen that is for finer sand. i put a sprinkler off the 80 mesh screen and it plugged up the sprinkler. so i was wondering how fine should i go so i wont have that problem?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 2nd 2010, 5:12pm

Rate this thread