You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Robbie

Friday, August 8th 2003, 4:26am

Toro sprinkler heads

I have the Toro 600 sprinkler heads on my system which is 10 plus years old. They are starting to fall apart. I would like some suggestions on what to replace them with. I don't want to change anything but the heads themselves.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

rob
rob

drpete3

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 9th 2003, 3:52am

I am unfamilar with the toro 600. I am assuming the are rotors. My favorite rotor is Hunter PGP. If they are spray heads look at rainbird 1800. Things you need to consider when getting new heads are how far is it from head to head. The new heads need to throw water approx the same distance. Also gallons per min. You need to know how many gpm your system can produce. Then how many heads you have per zone so that you caqn match the two.

Thanks,

Pete
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 10th 2003, 1:06pm

Everything Pete said.....i would use the PGP and i think they are rotors (toro 600)so replace them with rotors

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, October 6th 2003, 8:09am

I would go with rainbird 5004 plus.
Bhungue2

in6095

Saturday, January 1st 2005, 5:10am

Toro still makes the s600. You could also go with the Toro s700, It is a little newer than the s600 and has the same specs for height and gpm. The same height will save you a little time by not changing out the riser.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 19th 2005, 5:38pm

Toro S700 heads are a bit taller than the S600 heads, which can come in handy when the original head is a bit buried. The body is identical, so just the internals can be swapped out.

RidgeRun05

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 26th 2005, 9:18am

I would suggest the Hunter PGP heads, as many of the other contractors have, they are built alot tougher than the toro heads, and the spray pattern is much cleaner.
Tony Posey
Ridge Run Landscapes

jamesebeau

Starting Member

Monday, May 9th 2005, 2:58pm

The S600 is one of the finest sprinklers ever made. It was designed by the same man who designed the PGP. I've seen them hold up for 20 years, and only require occasional cleaning. They are a little dificult for the novice to adjust, but still one of the best on the market. They have been in production well over 20 years for a reason, while RainBird seems to introduce a new and improved rotor every 5 years, and stop making heads like the T-Bird.

Rate this thread