You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ReddhEad

Advanced Member

Friday, August 6th 2010, 2:25pm

Critique my layout?

So, I've been playing around with plotting my sprinkler system heads and zones. I was thinking about using Hunter I-20's with precipitation matched nozzles for the large areas and haven't decided what I should use for the lower section of the diagram. I have about a 12ft section between the house and the property line. I have thick skin so feel free to tear apart my design. I tried dividing the property into rectangular sections but I have trouble "joining" the sections together to get even coverage. I only have 7.25GPM @ 59psi coming out of my outdoor spigot which is kind of worrisome. It does go from 1" PEX to a peice of 6 foot 1/2" PEX before it reaches the spigot. Maybe that explains my low GPM. I'm hoping I can get at least 4 heads on each zone with a 1" main line.

http://forcedfx.dyndns.org/images/sprinklers.jpg

ReddhEad

Advanced Member

Friday, August 6th 2010, 2:29pm

Sorry... forum software is really making this difficult to get the link working.

** I give up. The link just won't go through properly.

http://forcedfx.dyndns.org/images/sprinklers3.jpg

mrfixit

Friday, August 6th 2010, 3:38pm

I don't normally answer design questions. I would like to suggest you put a sprinkler at the top left corner of this drawing, the jpg3. Also in the section at the bottom right of jpg3. The top right corner of that section I'd start there with my layout and work left so there's a sprinkler in the corner. The way you have it you'll be spraying the street trying to keep that corner watered.

ReddhEad

Advanced Member

Friday, August 6th 2010, 3:44pm

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I'm going to re-design it and add one to the upper left and re-do the bottom from right to left instead.

Rate this thread