You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 2:49pm

fuse on irritrol timer

Fuse flashes when sprinklers goes on. Not all the time but approx. 50% of the time. Brand new pump start relay by Hunter products. Turned breaker off to pump. Still fuse on display. Disconnect common and zone wires from controller and ran a temporary wire to pump start relay. Still flashing fuse. Unplugged controller and unplugged everything that i could find on that circuit (including the freezer) and still same results. Also tried a new pro c controller and still had the same results. Only way I could get the controller to work is to take pump start wire off the controller(either clock).( A set up like a cty water system without a master valve). I checked wires for shorts and found none. I hooked up different solenoids and still same results. The submersible well is on a 20amp double pole . Line voltage at outlet was 119.4volts and zone voltage 26.2 volts The well is about 150 feet from start pump relay. What am I missing and what steps should I take? The only thing I think I can do is install a pump extrol tank with a pressure switch :cursing:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 9th 2010, 6:51am

It's easy enough to read voltages, but they don't tell the story. Resistance and current readings are more useful. In a worst-case scenario, one could always interpose a tiny relay between a controller and a pump relay, and avoid the power requirement of a pump relay.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 10th 2010, 11:57am

Can you identify the one zone that trips the fuse. When it happens (fuse blow) does in happen on the same place in the system. Does it happen in zone 4?

Where does it happen?

:thumbup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread